The Burlington Chamber of Commerce is an independent group of local businesses with the sole intent of working together to make their community a better place to live and make a living. And while we are an independent chamber, we are also a member of the Central Connecticut Chambers of Commerce, with over 1600 members in the Burlington, Bristol, Farmington, Plainville, Plymouth, and Wolcott Chambers. Together we have been able to build the third largest Chamber in the State of Connecticut. This affiliation allows our members to receive all the benefits of belonging to the other chambers in addition to being part of the growing Burlington Chamber.
The Burlington Chamber of Commerce started back in February of 1987 when a group of local businessmen and women came together to create a board of directors and elect officers. They wrote a set of bylaws keeping in tune with other area chambers, and thus began on March 12, 1987. After that initial meeting and election of officers, William Kurtz from the Punchbrook Tennis and Swim Club became the new President. Stephen J. Savino became the Executive Vice President and Treasurer, and Marianne Lohman from the old Connecticut Bank & Trust Company became the Secretary. Fred Chard, Karen Brzezinski, David Cichon, Thomas Coffey, Richard Hrinak and Pat O’Sullivan completed the newly formed Board of Directors. Not too long after its inception, the Burlington Chamber boasted 93 members. Now, after several years of businesses coming and going, our chamber is comprised of 80 plus members and growing again.